- Hair ties that grip the hair and don't lose tension over many reuses
- Cookware that is heat-resistant, soft, grippy, and easy to clean including colanders, potholders, ice cube trays, muffin "pans", and utensils
- Silicone lubricant -- it's not water based and does not degrade latex!
- Drysuit neck seals that are stretchier than latex, and at the same time don't stretch out permanently and start leaking
- Medical uses like implants, contact lenses, etc.
Ode to silicone
Tagged by apotheon, so: Name one book that changed your life. Ratha's Creature by Clare Bell. Name one book you have read…
New Scientist, 25 February 2006, Andy Coghlan http://www.newscientist.com/channel/health/mg18925404.300.html HERE'S food for thought: a hormone that…
"papertygre" was already taken; this is not me. So I used papertiger. (I answered aaangyl's Johari window as "papertygre" before…