- Hair ties that grip the hair and don't lose tension over many reuses
- Cookware that is heat-resistant, soft, grippy, and easy to clean including colanders, potholders, ice cube trays, muffin "pans", and utensils
- Silicone lubricant -- it's not water based and does not degrade latex!
- Drysuit neck seals that are stretchier than latex, and at the same time don't stretch out permanently and start leaking
- Medical uses like implants, contact lenses, etc.
Ode to silicone
Stumbled across this site by accident. Some nice stuff. Also, "kiln-formed glass" sounds highly sophisticated.
According to the Online Etymology Dictionary, the word "sad" comes from the Old English sæd "sated," from base *sa- "satisfied." This led…
A while ago, I suggested a connection between religion and art that occurred to me after watching Constantine with apotheon. When I…