Ode to silicone
I just want to take a minute to draw everyone's attention to how amazing silicone is:
- Hair ties that grip the hair and don't lose tension over many reuses
- Cookware that is heat-resistant, soft, grippy, and easy to clean including colanders, potholders, ice cube trays, muffin "pans", and utensils
- Silicone lubricant -- it's not water based and does not degrade latex!
- Drysuit neck seals that are stretchier than latex, and at the same time don't stretch out permanently and start leaking
- Medical uses like implants, contact lenses, etc.